Evaluating My Spiritual Evolution
Spiritual Evolution; the more we reflect on a thought, the more the thought expands within us. The expansion of thought suggests, but is not limited to, the revelation of its intricacies. The thought is no longer black-and-white – all the various shades of grey surface and dance before our very eyes. The depth of the thought becomes known as well. And as the depth of the thought traverses our being our actions are affected. In this way, reflection is directly related to action or our attitude. The more we reflect on a thought the more we become affected by the thought.
For reflection to bring about an expansion of the spirit, it must be accompanied by reason. In fact, in the absence of reason, reflection may be dangerous. We all are aware of premeditated undesirable actions. In this scenario, reflection is pretty much active, but there is an absence of reason. Premeditated undesirable actions are always driven by a selfish motive. Spiritual Evolution.
Reflection that is accompanied by reason opens us to self-criticism of thought and actions. It brings us face-to-face with our present state of the consciousness and allows us the view of the looming state that we may aspire for.
We all have that inner coding that makes reflection possible. Very often we stagnated because of the absence of reflection.
Since reflection is the means by which we critically assess our thoughts and action, it is the means by which we evaluate our spiritual growth. Time must be set aside for reflection.
Self Reflection – Spiritual Evolution
- Select one thought that has given rise to a set of personal beliefs.
- What are the beliefs arising from the thought?
- Take time out to reflect on the thought. If the thought, during reflection, begin to appear limiting, take time out to do some research to gain more information that supports and opposes the thought.
- After gaining additional knowledge, reflect on the thought once more.
- Make note of any change in initial perception or belief
- How has reflection on the thought affected your belief?
- Do you see this having an impact on your behaviour?
- If yes, how will your behaviour be affected?
- Did this lesson trigger within you any feeling of discomfort, anger, confusion or affirmation? Explain.
- Complete the following statement five (5) times. ‘What I learn today is…’
- ACTION PLAN: This lesson has caused me to decide to take the following action towards myself, others and nature…
Have a question about Spiritual Evolution, be sure to contact us through our online form.