Doubt and Fear
It is not possible to have a thorough look at knowledge without addressing doubt and fear. Doubt comes about as a result of the information being fed into the conscious being inadequate or not advanced enough for the given state to embrace it as reality. Hence doubt is due to too little knowledge or too simple knowledge. Fear on the other hand is due to an absence of knowledge.
Whether a lack of personal experience, too little teaching/learning activity or otherwise, too little knowledge causes anxiety and fear is a legitimate reaction to the unknown,
Self Reflection – Doubt and Fear
- Make a list of the beliefs you hold on to in doubt. Slowly work through this list by focusing on one belief at a time. Research the belief. Look at its origin, cause, inconsistencies etc. Meditate on each belief so as to allow for its expansion within you. Work on the belief until it no longer vibrates within you as doubt but as consistency.
- Make a list of all the issues within you that generates fear. Focus on one fear at a time. Do a thorough research into the issue to bring the issue into the ‘know’; then analyze and rationalize your findings so as to take a position on the issue.
- Did this lesson trigger within you any feeling of discomfort, anger, confusion or affirmation? Explain.
- Complete the following statement five (5) times. ‘What I learn today is…’
- ACTION PLAN: This lesson has caused me to decide to take the following action towards myself, others and nature…